Statement of Faith
Teleion Books embraces and proclaims
truths of the Christian faith.
Below are some essential principles of the faith which we believe.
We believe in one God who exists in three persons: God the Father, Jesus His Son, and the Holy Spirit
- (Genesis 1:1; John 1:18; 1 Corinthians 2:11)
We believe that the God who created the universe loves us
- The God who created the universe knows and loves us, and He wants us to know and love Him.
- (John 3:16)
We believe sin separates us from God until we receive forgiveness through faith in Jesus Christ
- All people have sinned.
- God is holy and righteous. Humans are born with a propensity to reject God’s ways (called sin) and this sin separates us from God.
- (Romans 3:23; 1 John 1:8-10)
We believe the wages of sin are spiritual death and separation from God
- (Romans 5:12; Isaiah 59:2a; Romans 6:23; John 3:3)
We believe humanity needed a means of being reconciled with God. God sent His only begotten son, Jesus, to be the bridge between Holy God and unholy humanity.
- God provided a way for us to be reunited with Him. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to pay the price of our sin through His death on a cross.
- God raised Jesus from the dead (the Resurrection), thereby defeating death and declaring that those who believe in Jesus and accept His sacrifice for their sins will spend eternity with God (eternal salvation).
- (1 Peter 3:18; Romans 10:9-10; John 17:3; Romans 5:1,8; Ephesians 2:4-5; 1 John 5:11-12; John 1:12; 1 Peter 1:18-21)
We believe salvation is received by faith in Jesus, not earned by good works
- Many believe they will be saved through good works or going to church, but Scripture clearly states that we cannot earn salvation. Salvation is a gift received through faith in Jesus Christ (accepting His death as full payment for our sins).
- (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16)
We believe the Holy Spirit is our helper and comforter
- God has given us His Holy Spirit to help us recognize our need of Jesus as savior, to indwell and fill us, to teach and guide us, to help us become more like Christ, and to empower us for service.
- The Holy Spirit also gives believers in Jesus the confirmation that they are children of God.
- (John 15:26; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:15-16, 26; I Corinthians 2:12-14; Galatians 5:22)
We believe the Christian Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) is the inspired Word of God
- God inspired the writing of Scripture. The Bible is infallible in all issues of faith and life. It provides understanding and insight regarding who God is and how He relates to us.
- Scripture is our authoritative source for doctrine, instruction, and wisdom regarding life now and life in eternity.
- (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 25:35; John 17:17; Isaiah 40:8)
We believe in one body of believers
- Do you know that the night before His crucifixion, Jesus prayed for believers to be unified? Those who believe in Jesus Christ comprise one body, the body of Christ, regardless of denomination, language, nationality, or race.
- (John 17:20-21a; Ephesians 4:3-6)
We believe Jesus Christ will return
- Jesus is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father speaking to Him on our behalf.
- Jesus will one day return and gather His people unto himself (the resurrection of believers).
- Scripture acknowledges that only God the Father knows the day of Jesus’ return.
- (Romans 8:34; Ephesians 1:18-20; John 14:1-3; Mark 8:38; Matthew 24:36; Luke 12:40)
We believe in the final judgment of humankind
- We believe there will one day be a final judgment of all humankind.
- Each person’s faith in God and Jesus Christ will determine if they spend eternity with God or separated from God.
- (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; John 14:10-12; Revelation 20:11-15)